In April 2023, Rosario initiated a Pan Disability football section within the club with a 6-week pilot season. The success of this enabled Rosario to start our first full season in September 2023, and we already have teams participating in IFA-managed disability leagues. Our main objectives are to provide a community service that:
- offers inclusion and participation for disabled children, especially those who want to play but feel they can’t.
- is available to as many types of disabilities as we can cater for.
- aligns seamlessly with other sections in the club.
- supports integration across various disabilities and communities.
- works closely with Schools, Charities, (and other bodies) supporting disability in the community.
Rosario has worked closely with the IFA on the best approach to set up and run a disability football section. This included IFA-approved training courses for coaches taking part in the initial pilot, with additional coach training continually being reviewed and scheduled with the IFA.
Primary objectives for coaches, parents & players
- Inclusion & participation
- To listen, learn, nuture & support
- Champion everyone, together